-->
young adult book reviews & more

BEA week recap

A couple weeks ago, I had the privilege of attending BEA, or Book Expo America, which is a conference for all sorts of people connected to publishing. This was my third year in attendance, and while you can never completely plan for the book madness that is BEA, I'd like to think that I didn't do too bad of a job for myself. I was able to snag most of the books I wanted, chat with a lot of great people in all areas of publishing, meet a lot of lovely new people, and I did all of this while remembering to eat and stay hydrated—success!

I didn't take too many pictures this year, because I kept forgetting that I had my camera in my bag, but here are a few of the highlights from each day of BEA:

Thursday: my friend Rebecca participated in a stunt for Veronica Roth's  Allegiant, dressed as Erudite!
Thursday: Ally Carter signs samplers for United We Spy, the sixth and last book in the Gallagher Girl series
Friday: Cristin Terrill signs copies of her awesome debut, All Our Yesterdays
Saturday: my friends Eunice and Kelsey and I wait in line for The Waking Dark by Robin Wasserman

Walking around BEA, I had a great time chatting with some of my favorite book people, including bloggers Kelsey from The Book Scout, Sam from Living Little Women, Cialina from muggle-born.net, Nicole from WORD for Teens, Tirzah from The Compulsive Reader, Rachel from Bookshelf Lust, and Julie from Bloggers[heart]Books; fellow publishing interns Eunice and Rebecca; bookish friends Frankie, Donna, Charlee, Vania, and Adam; and authors Alison Cherry, Lindsay Ribar, Susane Colasanti, Katie Sise, Jocelyn Davies, Sarah J. Maas, Claire Legrand, Sarah Beth Durst, Jen Calonita, Shana Silver, and Laura Bowers.

I was also invited to a few publisher events, including a Harlequin TEEN blogger breakfast, a MacKids event, a Simon & Schuster City of Bones party, and a lunch and panel with Penguin Teen.

a look at the incredible space for the City of Bones party

All of these events were wonderful and a lot of fun. Publishers really know how to spoil bloggers with books and goodies! At all of these events, I got to hang out with some more favorite book people, including bloggers Cialina from muggle-born.net, Tirzah from The Compulsive Reader, Susan from Wastepaper Prose, Rachel from Bookshelf Lust, and Nicole from WORD for Teens; and some of my favorite editors, publicists, and marketing people from all these wonderful publishers.

In all, 2013 made for a very successful and fun BEA. And now I'm already looking forward to next year...

1 munch(es) :

Nicole said...

Loved seeing you! <3

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.