-->
young adult book reviews & more

Wake by Lisa McMann

WakeEver since she was eight years old, Jamie Hannagan has been falling into other people’s dreams. She can’t help it; no matter what she tries, she can’t escape them. Now that she’s a senior in high school, she’s starting to get sick of experiencing other people’s dreams and nightmares. But since a lot of people sleep in school, it’s a challenge for Jamie to not get sucked into dreams.

All Jamie wants to focus on is completing high school and working her job to fund college. But things get harder when she falls into Cabel Strumheller’s nightmares. These are more terrifying than all the others she’s experienced. And what’s even more surprising is that Cabel sees her in his dreams seeing him. Soon, they develop a relationship, but it is plagued with arguments and misunderstandings over trust.

Wake was truly everything I was expecting in a good novel and more. The idea behind the story was extremely unique. I also liked how the plot was never quite what I was expecting. But mostly, I thought it was amazing how Lisa McMann could create so much emotion with only a few words. That takes a lot of talent. Lastly, Cabel is probably my new crush. Besides the physical attributes and sexiness, he was willing to give up his job because he didn’t want to lose Jamie. Many times throughout the book, I found myself being jealous of Jamie’s relationship with Cabel. She is such a lucky girl.

I highly recommend this incredible novel to all eager readers, and even to the reluctant ones. It is seriously one of my new favorite books. Everyone should immediately go out and pick up a copy for themselves before they’re sold out. And after you finish Wake, look out for its sequel Fade.

Rating: 5.0

Review copy from personal collection

6 munch(es) :

Nurin said...

I can't wait to read this book. Your review only made me more excited!

Chelsea said...

Wake is amazing!! Glad you liked it as much as I did. :)

Anonymous said...

Wake is awesome- I'm so glad you liked it!! :)

BC

Lisa McMann said...

Wow, great review, Munchie!!

So glad you enjoyed WAKE.

xox

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I really liked Wake too! We have in interview up with Lisa and a Book Soundtrack! Hope you'll check it out!

Anonymous said...

Wake is amazzing!! i love this book. havent read the sequel yet, Fade, but cant wait too!! i know its going to be just as good. =)

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.