-->
young adult book reviews & more

Tale of a book signing with Sarah Beth Durst, Cinda Williams Chima, Yvonne Woon (and also Sophie Kinsella)

Wow, that was a bit of a lengthy title, if I do say so myself! But what can I say, I have seen a lot of authors lately.

I was downtown at Books of Wonder just yesterday for a signing with three fabulous YA fantasy writers: Sarah Beth Durst, Cinda Williams Chima, and Yvonne Woon. To be brutally honest, I mostly came for Sarah because I actually have not read anything by either Cinda or Yvonne.

Lovely lady authors seem to come in threes

Sarah Beth Durst and Cinda Williams Chima

debut novelist Yvonne Woon
So when I stepped up to get my copy of Sarah's latest novel, Enchanted Ivy, signed, and I introduced myself and our conversation basically went like this:
SARAH: I love your blog!
TBM: Great! I love your books!
(Not exactly a direct quote, but you get the picture). The whole experience just reminds me of why I love bookish people: the authors are incredibly nice, their dedicated readers are just fantastic, and (most of the time) the booksellers are great as well.

me along with Sarah Beth Durst and Cinda Williams Chima
I actually have one more picture to share, although not from this book signing. I believe I mentioned a while back that I went to see an unnamed author at a signing. While, she is nameless no more! I went on behalf of my sister to see Sophie Kinsella, author of the Shopaholic books. My sister is a huge fan; Sophie comes only second to Meg Cabot in my sister's mind. The reason I could not reveal this before is because I sent the signed book to my sis as a surprise! Now that she has the book, you can all see another exciting picture of me!

me and Sophie Kinsella
And just so you guys know, I'm also planning on going to a couple more signings this weekend, so expect more exciting pictures!

2 munch(es) :

Anonymous said...

I love Chima's books!

Nina Cook said...

You should definitely read something by Cinda Williams Chima! She is amazing.

Green With Jealousy

Post a Comment

Let the munching begin.